Marketing to Women: How Many Use QR Codes?
How Can QR Codes Be Effective?
• Use QR Codes with new products or products that provide helpful usage instructions. Examples like my wine experience points to the effectiveness of QR codes at point of purchase.
• Specifications of products can also be easily provided. I think all types of tech gear can benefit from this. Also, think about healthcare and OTC products, and how you could provide lots of useful dosage and side effect information.
• Attaching offers to QR codes will greatly enhance usage. Allure’s “Free Stuff” issue saw readers recently scanning Microsoft Tags more than 200,000 times in just three days. • Store front and point of sale usage might allow you to convert a store customer to an online customer.
• Use QR codes to get likes on Facebook. You can create mobile-friendly landing pages with Facebook like buttons.
• Museums and other venues are beginning to use QR codes to provide more information about artwork and other types of exhibitions. My daughter and I recently attended an art show in LA that was completely narrated through QR codes.